Happy New Year 2013!
Give luck a chance with this delicious black eyed pea recipe for you and yours. Here at All Love Catering, we are excited to start fresh and continue our journey to becoming your go to Colorado caterer! Cheers!
New Year Black EyesMakes 6 Servings, 30 Minutes to Create Ingredients; 2 Cans Black eyed peas, drained 1 Cup, Orzo, Dry 1/4 Cup Olive Oil 1 Pint cherry tomatoes, halved 10 each, Pepperoncini, sliced thin 1 Bunch, Asparagus, Cut into 1 inch Pieces 1/2 Pound, Salami, Sliced Thin and Cut into Half Moons 1 Bunch, Parsley, Minced 1 Bunch, Basil, Whole 1/2 Cup, Red Wine Vinegar 1 Tablespoon, Dijon Mustard 1 Each, Lemon, Zest and Juice 5 cloves, Garlic, minced 2 Ea, Shallots, Minced Salt and Pepper to taste Directions;
- In a bowl, add Dijon mustard followed by the red wine vinegar, lemon juice & zest. Whisk together with a fork to combine.
- Add the minced garlic and shallots to the vinegar lemon mixture and let stand until remaining steps are completed.
- Bring Water to a boil, add some salt and cook orzo until done (about 8 Minutes). Drain, Rinse with cold water and add olive oil to keep from sticking.
- Combine Orzo with the Black Eyed Peas, Halved Cherry Tomatoes,Â Pepperoncini, Asparagus, Salami, Basil and Parsley.
- Combine all ingredients together, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lasts 3 days in the fridge. Â Sprinkle Feta Cheese on top for additional creaminess.